Art is more than a product, a performance or a process.
Art is a continually evolving expression of BEING.
As Bodypainters we are given a sacred trust. We are given the gift of empowering our models to BE the ART
In caring for that gift, we make the following covenants:
- Our canvas has a pulse and breath! We never forget that we are the Model’s Artists, rather than they our canvas.
- The process and the model’s experience is the Art. The final product is its token of remembrance.
- We will always be aware of, and grateful for ,the gift that our model is granting us.
- Our model may at times be nude. They will NEVER be naked.
- We will chastise, and loudly eject from live venues, anyone who disrespects our model.
- Our Art is an instrument of empowerment, we never objectify our model.
- Our Art is created with respect for the unique beauty of every model.
- Respect and the illusion of cover empower even shy models to acknowledge and express their unique beauty.
- We strive to be true to the naked eye. We allow delight to occur during live performances and minimise post production.
- Our models are chosen not by commercially driven ideals of appearance, but by what they have to offer to the project.
- Our models are an integral part of the creative process and are encouraged to share ideas and talents.
- Whenever possible we utilise the beauty of movement, colour and light that are inherent in the human from.
- We strive to delight the whimsical and disgust the prudish (usually in the same painting).
- We do not create art that gathers dust in the homes of the stodgy, but interacts with the viewer.
- We are committed to grow and improve as artists in all forms of expression, not just bodypainting.